Wednesday, September 5, 2007

WOW!

No cheating this week and it paid off! I lost 5.5 lbs!!!! It was definitely a struggle, but Mike really helped me by NOT asking to go out to eat or suggesting he go grab a pizza! It was just as much a struggle for him, as it was for me. Keeping regular bread out of the house paid off in a big way!
Went to the doctor today and she was so excited! I've lost 22 lbs since I last saw her in March! I still have some work to do with my cholestrol, but I'm not fighting taking medicine anymore. Everything went down, which is almost good. My good cholestrol went down as well, and that's the bad part! I just raised my risk of heart attack from 4.70 to 5.31!! Not enough exercise! I told her I would go on the medicine this time as well as start working on my Gazelle. This is definitely a slow and painful journey! Next time I see her we will be discussing quitting smoking but she wants to get my cholestrol medicine going, first. She couldn't believe she said that, but she also knows how stressed out I am with one of my jobs and knew it wasn't the right time, yet.
Well, 19 more days and I'm going to visit my sister, again! My nephew and I are planning on going grocery shopping as soon as I get there to make sure I have some proper things to eat in the house, fantastic!!!! It will be a big help, I'm betting! :) She also has one of those Ab Lounger things and I'm going to use it while I'm there! I think there will be somewhere I can walk, but not positive as she has moved since my visit in May.
Well, I hope you are all pressing on and feeling fabulous!
Wanted to leave you with this quote....thought it was cute:

"The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office." ~Robert Frost

3 comments:

WeightBGone said...

Wow, congrats on the huge weight loss thats fantastic.

Keep up the great job you are doing!!

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

THAT's A W E S O M E !!!!!!!

WTG....keep up the good work....see not cheating does pay off!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a huge loss!!! Congrats and keep up the super job you are doing ;)